This year’s Vertical Three Expo (CTS Competition) will be held April 23 and 24 at the DonelsonFellowship Free Will Baptist Church in Nashville, Tennessee. Bible competition will be heldFriday night April 23 starting at 6:00 pm. Music and Arts competition will be held Saturday April 24 starting at 9:00 am.
The TNCE Board expects all districts to hold competition for any competitors that have direct competition. However, if districts have competitors that do not have direct competition at the district level (remember that for Bible memorization two competitors from each grade category may advance to the state), they may send them along directly to the state competition. All registration forms must be sent in by April 8 (send to Calisse Caudill at 3915 Franklin Pk. Nashville, TN 37204).
Due to continuing concerns about the COVID-19 pandemic, the Tennessee Christian Education Board has decided to make some slight changes to our usual event plans for this year only:
- We will be requiring only competitors who have competition to be present. Those who do not have competition will be passed along to the national competition held in Memphis, Tennessee, without having to be present. As soon as we have all registration forms in, we will publish the program on the TNCE website (www.tncelink.com) so that families can plan appropriately.
- We ask that at most our competitors bring only coaches, parents, and siblings with them to the competition.
- Food will not be served on location, but there are many restaurants easily accessible from Donelson Fellowship’s location.
- There will be no awards ceremony at the end of the competition this year. Winners will be announced on the TNCE website (www.tncelink.com).
- Lastly, we are asking for each district that competes to help us find judges and volunteers this year when we anticipate that some of our regular assistants will not be joining us. If you would be willing to help in this regard, please contact Phillip Morgan at email@example.com.
Despite the challenges of this year, we encourage your church to take part of this valuable resource for training your young people for ministry in and outside the church. This is a great way for families to gather around the word of God together and strengthen their faith as a familyin spite of the disruptions in our society.
For further information or questions, please contact board chairman Phillip Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CTS Expo Downloads
Church entry fee: $30
Event entry fees:
-Exhibition $15 (per event)
-Group entry (2-4 people) $60
-Group entry (5 or more people) $100
Competition Locations and Schedule: TBD
*NOTE: All competition rooms are subject to change based on registration and campus availability. Please check the printed program on the day of competition for the latest room assignments.
Hampton Inn Gallatin
980 Village Green Crossing
Gallatin, TN 37066
Holiday Day Inn Express
615 E Main Street
Hendersonville, TN 37075
Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville/Hendersonville
111 Saundersville Road
Hendersonville, Tennessee, 37075
Note: the above list should not be considered an endorsement, simply a listing of hotels in close proximity. Please use your own discretion.